If you’ve ever used Windows Phone and tried sharing contacts than you must know that its one of those basic things that Windows Phone is missing. Don’t get me wrong here, Windows Phone can definitely share contacts and it can do it through MMS, email or OneDrive but just not SMS. Than again, how many times have you had to share contacts over email or OneDrive? In my case, never.
There are a bunch of apps on the Windows Phone store that can do this but most of them didn’t work for me. Unfortunately, some didn’t function properly while the rest didn’t have (what i would call) a good user experience. As a result, i ended up developing an app of my own called “Share Contacts”. You can download Share Contacts for free from the Windows Phone store. Below is a small how-to about sharing contacts via SMS, using the Share Contacts app for Windows Phone.
- Download “Share Contacts” app from the Windows Phone store.
- Run “Share Contacts” from your app list.
- You’ll see the list of your contacts. Select one or more than one from the list and press done.
- You’ll see the list of selected contacts for sharing. You can edit the list by pressing add or remove buttons from the app bar.
- Once done, click the share button in the app bar.
- Select the contacts information (for each contact) that you’d like to share e.g. mobile number, home number, address or etc.
- Once everything’s final, press send button in the app bar.
That’s it! This is how easy it is to send contacts via SMS using the Share Contacts app on Windows Phone. Let us know what do you think about it in the comments below. Also do mention if you have some other, better alternative in mind.