Smartphones have become an important part of our daily lives. We take them everywhere with us, which is why they’ve become germ magnets. Do you remember the last time your disinfected your phone? Chances are not because it’s been a while since you cleaned it.
Have a closer look. Do you see oily marks, fingerprints and dust all over it? Here’s how you should clean your smartphone to protect it from germs.
- Remove any cover that you might use.
- Switch off your smartphone & remove the battery (if removable).
- Remove dust from the screen and the body, using a dry microfiber cloth. Gently wipe in a circular motion.
- Moistened the microfiber cloth with a cleaning agent. Gently rub to clean the screen and rest of the body of your smartphone.
- Use a dry cotton-bud to clean the ports and prevent any moisture from entering them.
- In the end, again wipe your device clean with a dry microfiber cloth.
That seemed pretty easy, right? Well, it is but here are a few precautions so that you don’t accidentally damage your device while at it.
- Never apply water directly onto your smartphone.
- Never use a moistened cloth or cotton-bud to clean the ports or speaker grilles.
- Never apply too much pressure while cleaning the screen.
- Never use just any cleaning agent. Only use those specially designed for cleaning smartphones because most smartphone displays have oleophobic coating to repel fingerprints and strong cleaners would easily damage it.
Now go ahead and clean your smartphones. Once done, do share your experience and tips with us in comments below.